The Market Coordinator is responsible for the operation of the Sicangu Harvest Market, Tribally Supported Agriculture, and Mobile Market. Other duties include developing and fostering relationships with current and potential vendors, customers and other stakeholders, while providing administrative functions to insure successful markets. Market Coordinator reports to the Garden-Market Manager and will work together to expand markets to food institutions such as grocery stores, restaurants, schools, and other eateries. Market Coordinator will also provide support with on-farm activities.
The Internship Coordinator will be responsible for managing and growing the Food Sovereignty Initiative’s internship programming. The Internship Coordinator will oversee intern recruitment, communication, and payment; manage project budgets; and provide coaching and advising to program interns. In addition, the
Internship Coordinator will be responsible for developing and expanding curriculum and implementation methods for the Youth Food Empowerment program, Youth Food Leaders Internship, and the Beginning Farmer Rancher Development program.
Community Empowerment Coordinator
The Community Empowerment Coordinator is responsible for supporting Food Sovereignty Initiative objectives by coordinating community engagement and service-learning events and projects. The CEC also develops relationships with local schools and other youth-based organizations.
Press and Media Relations Coordinator
The Press and Media Relations Coordinator is a year long AmeriCorps VISTA position with the Rosebud Economic Development Corporation (REDCO). The individual in this role will utilize effective storytelling to increase the reach and impact of REDCO’s work for systemic change for the Sicangu Lakota Oyate.
This person will expand our organizational capacity through the development, implementation, and revision of effective processes related to press and media relations. This work will raise the profile of our work locally, regionally, and nationally, and will give us access to funding opportunities to ensure the sustainability of our programming.
Who should apply?
· Aspiring journalists or media professionals
· Individuals with strong writing and communications skills
· Advocates for social justice and equal rights
· Indigenous activists and allies
· Anyone who wants to create a better world for future generations
· Some college is preferred, but not require
· Strong written communication skills
· Willingness to step outside comfort zone
· Ability to take and organize notes
· Experience conducting basic online research
· Ability to collaborate and work as part of a team
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office and Google Suite applications
· Ability to work independently to meet deadlines
Compensation and Benefits:
This position is funded through the AmeriCorps VISTA program. For a full list of benefits, please visit: https://www.vistacampus.gov/members/benefits-of-service
Note: Legislation has recently been passed to increase the benefits for VISTAs but changes may not have gone into effect, so check back regularly for updated information.
This position will be based out of Mission, South Dakota, which is located on the Rosebud Reservation. This position may be started remotely, but we firmly believe that in order to adequately share our work and the stories of our people the Media Relations Coordinator should live locally and interact with our team and those impacted by our work.
See the link above for relocation support that AmeriCorps provides.
Applications MUST be submitted through the AmeriCorps platform (not directly to us).
Community Health Nurse (Part-time)
· Address basic and preventative health needs through direct patient care i.e. checking vitals, basic physical and mental health assessments.
· Connect patients with local providers, health resources, and reliable information.
· Support health planning and education through instructions on care and follow-up.
· Give input, discussion, and guidance on other organizational and cross-organizational projects.
· Create health information materials and plans.
· Improve quality results by studying, evaluating, and recommending changes in processes, implementing changes.
· Ensure compliance with government regulations and health and safety standards
We work within an ecosystem of organizations working to create lasting and transformational socioeconomic change for our people.
Our ecosystem covers an array of different fields and areas of expertise, so be sure to check back regularly for new opportunities!